Thursday, December 13, 2007

In Which I Obsess in the Middle of the Night.

It's 1:35 am and I'm blogging. That's rarely good. I've just got 1000 things on my mind and too much to do over the next 3 or 4 days. Plus, Punkin has croup and is restless. Not sure what to do about the childcare situation tomorrow. I've been out so much recently with sick children that it's starting to feel embarrassing.

I've taken a sleep aid and am waiting for it to kick in. In the meantime, do any of you, lovely readers, know how to make a cow's ear out of felt? I have to make a cow costume for the church play that Bubba is in this weekend and frankly, right now, I can't even think what a cow's ear LOOKS like, much less how to make one.

Help me, oh internets. You're my only hope. You and The Google.

10 comments:

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I'm the least crafty person you'll ever know. So I'm of no help in the felt cow ear department. But I am sorry that you've got a croupy kid. That is the suck.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

And I'm a city girl so I'd have to Google just to see what a cow ear looks like. Not something filed into my memory.

Karen said...

Oooh, a cow's ear! That would be my department. Cut a long oval, squared at one end. On the squared end you'll want to fold the sides short together into the center and staple there. And it's that simple. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

I grew up on a dairy farm.

Madame Queen said...

Karen--Thanks! That's kind of what I was thinking. My grandfather had dairy cows and I love them, but for some reason I couldn't not think for the life of me what a cow ear looked like. I think it must be lack of sleep! ;)

Laurel said...

Bless all the Karen's of the world! Don't you love that there are people out there who possess the skill sets we don't have and then they can help us out!

Sorry about Punkin'. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we stay healthy out here. Knock on wood and even maybe a little salt over the shoulder. Anything else you can think of?

Karen said...

Okay, I'm glad you were able to make head and tails (or ears) of that. I just reread and realized that I totally screwed up. I'm sick, remember?

You fold the short sides, not the side shorts.

1blueshi1 said...

sadly, the only thing that comes to mind is, You can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear--I don't think that's going to help you much. Fortunately my children are more concerned with forcing our Chihuahua to wear her miniature reindeer antlers. with bells attached.

Esme said...

No advice on cows ears, but I'm hoping that you got some sleep and that Punkin is feeling better!

Angie McCullagh said...

And what are you going to do about the tail? Hmm?

Madame Queen said...

All Adither -- The tail is no problem. I just couldn't figure out what shape the ears needed to be. I was thinking oval and then Karen confirmed. I'm off to make cow spots!!